Succulent Journaling Card: Two Techniques - Two Cards

Hello Dears!

Daria here. And for today's post I have two cards to share both with Succulent Journaling Card Stamps and Dies using two different techniques.

Recently, I played with Pointillism technique by Heather Nichols, and could not wait to try it with Succulent Journaling Card Stamp.


How to: At first, I heat embossed the image in white. Then, I took all different shades of green inks and all small dots stamps from different stamps sets and started to stamps dots - over and over again. It is time consuming, but it creates very soft look with lots of dimension. While stamping, I put darker shades closer to the petals' inside parts and lighter to their ends... You also want to overlap your dots many times for continuous shading. I started with bigger dots and ended with smaller ones. 


I die-cut Succulent Journaling Card from Bazzil kraft cardstock and used some tiny strips of foam tape to secure it over my already colored card. It adds even more dimension.


For my second card, I have decided to do some in-laid technique. I die-cut Succulent Journaling Card several times from white and kraft cardstock. Then, on one of those, I colored petals with Twisted Citron distress ink using blending tool, keeping it more darker towards the center. As it was done, I in-laid all the small pieces into the frame.


I love this technique as it gives lots of visial dimension while keeping the card flat.  Here is a close up:


The sentiments for both cards came from the Succulent Journaling Card stamp set.


They turned out very similar, but also very different. Two different techniques - two cards. Hope you enjoyed.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
See you next time,
Daria.


8 comments

  1. Love the look of that first card. I also wanted to try Heather's technique this weekend but I ran out of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marianne! poitillism is very addictive :)

      Delete
  2. AWESOME card, I love all different colors inlaid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved both cards but like the one with the dots the best. Its cool how you did that! I love all your colors too. Nice job on both cards!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top