July Guest Designer - Lydia Evans


Happy July!  Today we're delighted to announce Lydia Evans as our guest designer for the month.  Lydia is so talented!  Her coloring and painting are just beautiful and her work with florals will leave your breathless.  Case in point, her first project for us today!  But first, here is a little bit about Lydia:

I'm Lydia, I live in Buckley, Flintshire, North Wales, Uk with my husband and our two little ones.
I have always been crafty, from ever since I can remember I have been cutting paper and sticking things. I got into stamping through scrapbooking, I started scrapbooking in 2009 when I have my little boy and then wanted to take my pages further and make my own pattered paper, stamping helped me do just that. My passion is for CAS style cards, I sometimes like to add lots of techniques into my cards but there is always a clean look about them.

Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints Awesome Die_3 Hello everyone and happy Friday! How surprised and delighted was I when I was asked by Neat & Tangled to guest design for them for the month of July?!?! Well... very! I love the fun and fresh style of their images and sentiments .... and their florals are just swoon worthy. If you know me you know I can't resist a good floral. So to start I had to use one of my favourite ever 'Neat & Tangled' stamp set, 'Scandinavian Prints', with a few added extras. Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints Floral Awesome Die_1 To start I drew a circle using a pencil into place where I wanted my wreath to be. I did the pencil very faint so it was easy to rub out once all of my stamping was complete. I stamped a number of large flower shapes from the 'Scandinavian Prints' and layered these up using smaller images from the set. It really is so much fun playing around layering the images up as there are so many different 'flowers' you can come up with. Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints Awesome Die_2 I also used some elements from 'Send Pretty Mail' to add in smaller more 'open' images to give more variety and interest to the floral wreath. I used a less classic colour combination but I think the blue and kraft leaves with touches of navy goes really well with these funky, modern floral blooms. Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints Awesome Die_4 For the sentiment I used 'so' taken from Gardenia Blooms Journaling Card and Awesome die. To make the 'awesome' stand out more from the background I cut the shadow for the word out of vellum and added this behind. I cut the 'awesome' from navy card and added a Wink Of Stella over it and some Glossy Accents. Thank you so much for stopping by today I really do hope you enjoyed your visit and feel inspired. See you again soon! Hugs, Lydia x

15 comments

  1. WOW! Absolutely ADORE what you've done Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lydia...this card is gorgeous. Love the clustering of blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful Lydia! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Lydia!!
    STUNNING card!! WOOOW! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the card! I too love flowers and florals and, like you, I love colors, especially yellow, which is my fave and I see you used. I would love to receive a pretty card like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lydia is wonderful - what a delight to have her as a Guest Designer - it will be such a treat to see what she makes!! I must say that this first card is just so AWESOMELY beautiful and the colors rock and I love how the sentiment looks and stands out so dynamically!! Just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card!!!! Love that design!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top