Find Joy in the Ordinary with Lydia Evans

Hi there everyone and happy Friday! Lydia here with you again for my third post as guest designer here at Neat & Tangled. You may have guessed it but I have another floral card for you today but this time we are going rainbow themed...
  DSC00120

To start I repeatedly stamped images from Send Pretty Mail and white heat embossed them allover the top part of a watercolour piece of card. I just love the different sizes of these images as they fit so well together and for those small empty spaces the dots fill the space so nicely.
  DSC00121

Once I was happy with the amount images I covered the whole piece of watercolour card with fresh clean water, and then added in drops of colour. I used Distress Ink as I love the way they blend and bleed into each other creating a beautiful soft look. I didn't colour the whole piece and yet let the colours at the bottom blend out by themselves, giving an ombre look.
  DSC00123

The sentiment is from Scandinavian Prints, I stamped white embossed this onto some white card to give this great contrast to the soft bright background. Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll see you again next week! Hugs, Lydia x

4 comments

  1. WOW! This is stunning! I love the variations in the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love all the colors! I see you used my favorite, yellow, which is always a plus for me. I love the technique you used too The only thing I am not crazy about is the back thread you have hanging there. Otherwise, it's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say black not back. My fingers go faster then my brain! LOL

      Delete

Back to Top