Lydia Evans is Mermazing!

DSC00155m 

Hello and happy Friday everyone! I'm sad to sad that this will be my last post as July guest designer here at Neat & Tangled. Even though I'm sad its my last post I am still so happy and honoured to have been asked to do it. It has been a absolute pleasure working with these beautiful stamps, so thank you so much for having me! Today I thought I would create out of my (floral) box and create something cute instead...... see I can do it ;)
  DSC00153

To start I created a watercolour background. I did this by covering a whole piece of watercolour card with fresh clean water and then dropped teals and blues tones (Gansai Tambi paints) into the wet card. I added the colours more at the bottom to create a sort of ombre look.
  DSC00155
I stamped the mermaid from Mermazing onto some paper using a light grey ink, I did this so I could then colour with Copics and pencils to create a no-line effect. I do love how see looks like this! I fussy cut here out leaving a thin white border to make her 'pop' more from the dark background. Once I had stuck her into place I added a Wink Of Stella to her and some Glossy Accents to her tail.
  DSC00156

To finish I added the sentiment from the same set directly onto the watercoloured panel using a bold black ink. Thank you so much for stopping by! I do hope you liked my cards this month and thank you for having me! Hugs, Lydia x

2 comments

Back to Top