Be Joyful Always with Lydia Evans

Neat & Tangled Gardenia Blooms_3

Hello and happy Friday! It's Lydia here with you today and I'm so happy to be sharing another card I created for my guest designer post here at Neat & Tangled. Today I have more flowers for you today but I have used them a little differently than they were designed for.
  Neat & Tangled Gardenia Blooms_1

So I first cut a panel that I wanted to do my stamping on I found this was the best (and easiest) way to get my flowers positioned. I inked up the two flowers on the top of Gardenia Blooms Journaling Card stamp with a really light ink, I wiped the ink away from everywhere else apart from the two flowers before stamping this down into one of the corners. I did this again and stamped the image into the opposite corner.
  Neat & Tangled Gardenia Blooms_2

I then created a mask for these flowers and placed it on top of my stamped images before inking up the larger of the two flowers using the same ink. I wiped off the ink from everywhere apart from the one flower and stamped this over the masked flowers so it trailed down the side of the card panel. I repeated this process so both flower clusters were equal on either corner. Once I was happy with my stamping I set to work colouring. I used Copic markers and then added pencils over the top to get lots of depth and shade to the floral images. When finished I added a sentiment from the same set and was very happy when I found that it fit perfectly into the white space between the floral clusters.
  Neat & Tangled Gardenia Blooms_4

To finish I matted the stamped panel onto a piece of peace card leaving a fine coloured border around my card layer and sprinkled on some clear sequins. Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you liked what you saw! See you again next week. Hugs, Lydia x

5 comments

  1. Oh my goodness Lydia, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! A great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so full of beauty and JOY - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange is the most amazing pop of color! My favorite color is yellow, the brighter the better. However, to go with it, I love bright orange like the color you used and bright green. Me, I am a sequin freak! Sometimes, your card just needs that little something extra and sequins seem to always do the trick for me. I see they did that for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top