Design Team Reunion: Emily Leiphart


Hi, everyone! It's been a while since I last blogged but when Danielle asked me to join the Neat & Tangled design team reunion, I couldn't refuse! I spent two amazing years working for Danielle and loved the products she designed, along with Miriam Prantner and Elena Roussakis, so I fittingly used products designed by all three super talented ladies on my trio of cards today.


First, I stamped, watercoloured and die cut the cute little monkey and birthday hat from Wild Ones. While those dried, I used the Balloon Duo Stencil to create backgrounds for the monkeys. I splattered the balloons with shimmer spray and set the panels aside to dry.


Next, I split a sentiment from Happiest Birthday, another Neat & Tangled anniversary set, as well as Journaling Numbers dies to create the custom sentiments. The 'th' is from the sentiment 'throw kindness around like confetti', which I masked and stamped next to the number six.


The glittery numbers were adhered to fun foam to make them pop and my Xyron sticker maker made it very easy to attach the layers together and to the panel itself.


To finish, I cut out coordinating patterned paper panels from a retired paper pad and adhered them to the card base before attaching the stencilled panels asymmetrically.


In the close-up photos below, you can see the effect of the shimmer spray on the balloons. The shimmer acts the same way water does on distress inks, except it leaves shimmer behind which I love!


All images and sentiments were stamped with Versafine pigment ink and clear embossed for added visual interest and easy colouring.


I have three neighbours turning six in the next couple of weeks and, luckily, I had the perfect products for the upcoming celebrations! ;) It's been a pleasure being back on the Neat & Tangled blog for the reunion and I hope you enjoyed today's inspiration.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

7 comments

  1. Adorable! Lovely to see your creations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cards! I've always enjoyed your work. You have some of the best ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Emily, these are all fantastic. A great tutorial and I love the tip about masking the "th" from another stamp. A great tip. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The balloons on the textured paper look awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top