Tangled Up in Christmas Day 9: Stair-Step Card

tangledinxmas

Hi everyone, Jean here to share a holiday-themed stair-step card created with Neat and Tangled stamps. This card could be sent to a special recipient or be displayed on a shelf during the holidays.



You’ll start with a cardstock base cut to 5 ½” x 10 ½”. With a scoring board, score the cardstock at 1 ¼", 2 ½", 4 ¼", 6" and 8 ¼". See illustration below for scoring lines.
Fold the cardstock along the score lines creating three steps, each increasing in size. (I used blue cardstock to make it easier to show the base. Obviously you’ll use whatever color you want.)


At this point you could decorate the card as is, but given that I was creating a winter scene, I covered the fronts of the steps with snow banks cut from glitter paper. The snow banks cover up the step fronts, extending above them.



Now it’s time to decorate the card. If you’re working with smaller children, consider stamping a variety of images for them to color in with crayons, colored pencils or markers.


The most difficult part of this card was deciding on a color scheme! Even though my family prefers traditional colors for the holidays, I wanted something with a little more zing so I chose turquoise blue, bright green, and red. To decorate my card, I stamped several holiday images. I white embossed colored cardstock for the tree, gingerbread couple, peppermints, and the cottage. I colored the elf with Copic markers. Finally, I created a sentiment on the computer for the front step and added a back panel.


Happy Creating and Happy Holidays!

Supplies:

9 comments

  1. Cool! Thank you so much sharing the how-to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE! Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is an awesome project! Thanks for the instructions and diagram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project! Thanks for sharing all the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute--I like the glitter paper snowbanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!!!! Love this cute masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is quite some time ago but just came upon ur site love your card thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful creatures and crafting here. I love such work with my kids. Also great thing to spend free time watching movies on netflix mod apk watching netflix originals. or playing hack apk games like crafting and building rolling sky gta san andreas apk coc hack apk geometry dash free terraria apk and
    avakin life mod

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! Check the new uk thunderball lottery result is all about the recent result.Postcode

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top