Tangled up in Christmas: Day 5- Merry and Bright!

  
Hello!

Katie Gehring here with a card that is both merry and bright, with the emphasis on the bright!  I have always been drawn to non-traditional holiday colors and standing in line at Old Navy for 3 hours on Black Friday  gave me an idea for a super saturated, non traditional color scheme: Red, Orange, Hot Pink and Green.

dsc_0279


I started by stamping and embossing a few trees from Sweet Home in Versamark Ink on Orange and Raspberry cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder. I cut out the trees and adhered to a panel of red cardstock that I grounded with a snowbank.

dsc_0280

For the title, I dug into my horde of Thickers, adding a pop of pink behind the "and" to carry the tree color up.  I mounted the tag, slightly offset onto an identical tag that I covered with green polka dot washi tape. Some red and white baker's twine and a few snowflakes from Santa's Notes embossed with white embossing powder finished off the panel which was then mounted onto a white cardstock base.

Here's a look at the sets I used.




So what on earth was I standing in line for at Old Navy for 3+ hours?  I asked myself that question many times during the wait, but once I was an hour in, there was no way I was backing down.  $5 Polar Fleece for the family and adora-boots for the girls.  The lengths we go to for a good holiday deal....sigh....

How about you?  For your holiday cards, do you tend to go the traditional red/green or blue/silver route or do you prefer non traditional colors? What was the longest you ever stood in line for a really good deal?  

Well, that's all for me today... Thank you so much for stopping by!
Katie

8 comments

  1. Ooooh, love these vibrant colours!! Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! So playful! I like both traditional & non-traditional color schemes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card today, definitely on my CASE list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Colors pop out at you. It depends
    on my mood when I am making the cards - If I feel
    perky I go with non-traditional but if I am in a
    good mood which is most of the time - traditional.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top