December Guest Designer: Donna Mikasa

tangledinxmas


Welcome to Day 3 of our Christmas extravaganza ;) Another day another special guest! Today we have the always inspiring Donna Mikasa! She is joining us for the month of December as our guest designer.  Here is a little bit about her:

IMG_0008_3_2
Hello! My name is Donna Mikasa and my blog is three umbrellas. I live in Pearl City, Hawaii on the island of Oahu. I’m married to my high school sweetheart and we have two grown daughters. I’ve been stamping for many years and I’m always on the lookout for new stamp companies.

I love Neat and Tangled stamps. They’re fresh and trendy with a touch of cuteness, too. And Cath has recently declared them Moxie Fab as well! I’m excited to share my projects with you this month. Thank you, Danielle, for having me as your guest designer for December!

* * *
My Christmas card uses the adorable bear from the Little Bear set. I stamped him twice and colored them with Copics. I drew in some eyes on one of the bears and added a Santa cap from Lawn Fawn. The background was stamped with Hero Arts’ woodgrain background and the sentiment comes with the set. I also added some veneer stars for a bit of interest. 

donna1

I also created some pillow boxes and the Do Not Open image fit perfectly on the side. I stamped the banner portion twice and ink distressed with red and green distress inks to emphasize the date. Some snowflakes from Hey Cookie were added and the boxes are ready to be packed with a gift card or some CA$H.
DSC06204
DSC06206
I hope I’ve inspired you to ink up your Neat and Tangled stamps for the holidays!
* * *
Thank you so much Donna for such fun and festive projects!

17 comments

  1. Donna, your card is precious and perfect! Great coloring. The pillow boxes are equally sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your darling card, Donna!! How fun to find you designing for Neat and Tangled stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects Donna! I'm in love with that CAS card! Perfect coloring and love those wooden stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see Donna as the guest designer! She always has such fantastic projects and these are no exception:) Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these creations soooooo much!!! Huge Congrats Donna on being the Guest Designer this month u Rock! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Donna's work! Combine them with your cute stamps = perfection!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your card and gift card holders are fabulous Donna! Congrats of being this month's Guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome projects, Donna. love how you drew in the eyes and add the santa hat to one of the bears. The pillow boxes are festive and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creations! Those eyes on the bear are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet bear card and I like the festive pillow boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet bear and I love your card. Simple but elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME projects from Donna! I have been an admirer for Donna's work since the first day I saw her beautiful work! Congrats, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful inspiration, as usual, Donna! What sweet images, no wonder they received a Moxie stamp of approval!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Donna that is the sweetest card and your pillow boxes are so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna is a fabulous artist! Love seeing her work featured here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wahoooooo for Donna...such fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top