Watercolored Topography with Debby Hughes

Watercolored Topography card by Debby Hughes

Hi Debby here today with a look at the new Topography set. As soon as I saw this set I knew I wanted to white heat emboss those gorgeous contour lines and watercolor. 


Watercolored Topography card by Debby Hughes

The painting for this card took a little while but the actual process is so simple. I stamped the Topography image in clear embossing ink on watercolor card and white heat embossed. I then watercolored with light tones of beige/taupe and teal blues between some of the lines.


Watercolored Topography card by Debby Hughes

I stamped the sentiment in clear embossing ink on pattered paper, white heat embossed and trimmed. I then stapled the sentiment to the watercolored panel with a piece of vellum behind it to help separate it from the busy background. I wrapped the panel with twine, added it to a kraft card base and finally accented with a few enamel and wood dots.

I think the Topography set will be a firm favorite for me to create guy cards. This card barely hit the deck before I written it and sent it off!

Thanks for joining me today and I'll see you next time.

Debby

8 comments

  1. I commented on Debb's blog and Shared this post on Facebook. I would love to win this very cool stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty paste background here Debby. Can't wait to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you coloured this! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me so much of the paper marbling I have done. A friend of mine does 18th century paper marbling at The Big E, the 5th largest fair in the country. Every year he lets me marble paper and he gives me his scraps that have mistakes only he would know are there. He would throw away the scraps if I didn't take them. Can you imagine? I have made some beautiful cards with the paper and he sells the paper. Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top