Stained Glass Window cards | VIDEO | Natalie Elphinstone

Don't you love it when you lay eyes on a new product and you're instantly inspired with a fresh idea of how you can use it? I have to admit, it doesn't always work like that for me, but occasionally it will, and when it does I get pretty excited!


This was one of those occasions!

When I saw the new Scalloped Cover Plate Die I just knew that I had to somehow turn it into a stained glass window and let it shine as the focal point of a colourful card.



Of course, stained glass windows are transparent, they're bright, and the black lead welding in between the glass panels is slightly raised above the coloured glass. I was considering all these things as I contemplated how I was going to translate that into card form.


Ultimately I used the Scalloped Cover Plate Die to cut out some black cardstock and I glued that on top of a transparent plastic backing. I coloured each of the panels (I'm not going to give away all my secrets here, you'll have to watch the video!!) and set it into a card base. I finished with a simple sentiment and a sprinkling of Peacock Feathers sequins.

But rather than just talk about it, let me show you exactly how these cards came together, and maybe I'll inspire you to create some of your own?!

           

10 comments

  1. Wow, this is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration. I wouldn't have come up with the idea of using it as a stained glass window. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I have to admit, I was pretty happy when this idea came to me. One of those rare moments when you know you're onto a good thing! LOL! xx

      Delete
  2. Very creative . Absolutely amazing video and idea. X Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! The video doesn't work right now so I'll have to come back later and try. A genius idea, I love stained glass and it probably wouldn't have occurred to me to do this! TFS! (I'll check this out on YT later.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why the video wasn't working? It seems to be up and running for me right now. Hope you've had a chance to check it out? xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! When I looked at the die, and I don't have a die cutter so I can't possibly do this, that's the first thing I thought of, a stained glass window. I see you used lots of my favorite color, yellow, in your window too. It's a beautiful, colorful, window. I hope whoever receives the card loves it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... surely that's a case of great minds that think alike!! ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. WOWZERS! Awesome stained glass card!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top