October Designer: Els Brigé

Hello friends!

Can you believe it is October already?  A new month means a new guest designer, and I am thrilled to have Els Brigé joining us!

Here is a little about Els:

 Hi, I’m Els. I live with my husband and two kids in a small town in Belgium. I’m a psychologist by day, and papercrafter by night. I’ve been cardmaking and scrapbooking for almost 7 years now. Shortly after my daughter was born, I got into cardmaking, and soon after also took the plunge to scrapbooking. And by doing so, I found a way of documenting the many fun memories of our family life. Since then, I’m got totally addicted to stamps, paper, scrapbooking and cardmaking. Currently I’m working hard to set up my new site and blog at elsbrige.com, which should go live very soon now. Until then you can still find me at my old spot at bestamped.wordpress.com. It’s an honor to be guest designing for Neat & Tangled this month. Thank you very much for having me!!

For the first card I stamped the Maple Leaves journaling card in Aged Mahogany distress ink, and die-cut it. I then colored each of the leaves with watercolor pencils, and added some water to make the colors mix and pop. Since I didn’t use watercolor paper, the leaves are curled up and waved, just as fall leaves in real life would do. As a finishing touch, I added a bit of Weathered Wood distress ink to the background in between the leaves, and put some blobs of Glossy Accents onto the leaves to mimic water droplets.



For the second carI stamped the Maple Leaves journaling card a couple times onto some cardstock with grey ink. I then trimmed out a couple of leaves/groups of leaves, and colored them in with distress markers. After giving them some time to dry, I stacked the leaves into the corner of the card, and also added a layer of clear glitter with a Winks of Stella pen. I love the sentiments of the Maple Leaves set.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

WOW! Those cards are seriously stunning! I love how the first card used the colors of Fall, and the second one brought me feelings of Winter! Both equally beautiful!  Thank you so much Els for spending time with us today!

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous cards! I love the non-traditional cool colors on the second, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really are beautiful. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both gorgeous, in all colors ... loveliest sentiments, too! I'd love to know if Els shares her cards with her patients?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I love Els' work! Congrats, Els!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top