Neat & Tangled / Scrapbook Circle Blog Hop Week - Day 4



We hope that you have been enjoying our week with Scrapbook Circle!  Scrapbook Circle is a monthly Scrapbook Kit Club run by Lisa Andrews.  Their kits are jam packed full of beautiful papers, embellishments, and exclusives, and this month those kits include an exclusive stamp set design by Neat & Tangled!



All week the team will be sharing projects created using the October kit:  Mix Tape and the Scrapbook Circle team will be featuring projects using the exclusive stamp set as well.  Please be sure to visit each blog each day.  At the end of the week, one lucky commenter on the Neat & Tangled blog will win a $30 credit to the Scrapbook Circle store, and one lucky commenter on the Scrapbook Circle blog will win a $30 Neat & Tangled credit!

Mayuri and Nina-Marie are up today.  First up is Nina-Marie:



For my card, I have used the lovely handwritten sentiment from the Stories Neat & Tangled stamp set, as well as some cork feathers, which are included in the Scrapbook Circle kit.  I love the ink smooshing technique, so I had create a watercolor background using some distress inks!

For the cork feathers, I covered them with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder to tie in with the rest of the gold elements I have on my card. To finish off the card, I scattered Winter WonderlandPixie Dust and Gold Dust sequins around the card front.

And now for Mayuri:  

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled collaboration with Scrapbook Circle.


So, you know how I like a good smoosh, right?! With inks I mean? That's the technique that I've really been enjoying for showcasing Danielle's beautiful, hand drawn sentiments, but paired with those cork embellishments, you're definitely on to a winner!

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled collaboration with Scrapbook Circle.


I used Dylusions Ink sprays here, but not in the usual way - I unscrewed the bottles of a couple, and drew straight onto an acrylic block with the little pipes/nozzles. Then, I spritzed a piece of watercolour paper with water and laid the acrylic block upside down, allowing the ink to spread and blend!

The effect is different every time (which is why I keep going back to it!). I trimmed the panel down to be the same size as my card base, stamped the sentiment from Stories with Versamark ink and heat set in white. The die-cut panel was then adhered to the card base - to finish, I added a couple of cork embellishment and called it done!

That's all for us today, but please stop by the Scrapbook Circle blog to see what their DT created, and remember to leave comments on all the hop posts this week to be entered for the prizes!

21 comments

  1. Wow! I'm speechless! I love these cards! Such a beautiful colours! And I'm in love for the this watercolor background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificient watercolor look on both the creation and addition of cork elements and chipboard too made them more beautiful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the distressed inks on the first and the sprays on the last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These watercolored cards
    are all beautiful! Love the
    colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the watercoloring.
    thanks for sharing some fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW... these cards are amazing and beautiful! Gorgeous watercoloring for sure :) THANKS For the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I watercolor stamps? All the time! My dad has a huge pad of watercolor paper but I haven't used it yet. I just use regular cardstock and my absolute favorite colors are from LuminArte, who makes the most amazing watercolors. I have a whole container of paintbrushes so I can take my pick. I love to color and I color with crayons, markers (I just bought some Copics), colored pencils and paints. I even have chalk pencils! I also love the saying "We are all made of stories" because it is so true! Nice job on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the gorgeous colors on both of these cards! Beautiful blended colors and lovely details too!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW wow WOW
    BOTH cards are ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!
    LOVE the sentiments, LOVE the colours and LOVE the cork accents - WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fabulous smooshed backgrounds of all cards - they make the sentiment really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this cards are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. both are gorgeous and love how they used the same technique, but they turned out so different from one another!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you ladies did an amazing job with both the kit and stamp. I love the colors you both used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic cards!
    Just love these both!
    The color is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top