Neat & Tangled / Scrapbook Circle Blog Hop Week - Day 2

Hey everyone! Welcome back for Day 2 of our collaboration with Scrapbook Circle. We're so excited to be hopping with Scrapbook Circle this week! Scrapbook Circle is a monthly Scrapbook Kit Club run by Lisa Andrews. Their kits are jam packed full of beautiful papers, embellishments, and exclusives, and this month those kits include an exclusive stamp set design by Neat & Tangled!



All week the team will be sharing projects created using the October kit: Mix Tape and the Scrapbook Circle team will be featuring projects using the exclusive stamp set as well.  Please be sure to visit each blog each day. At the end of the week, one lucky commenter on the Neat & Tangled blog will win a $30 credit to the Scrapbook Circle store, and one lucky commenter on the Scrapbook Circle blog will win a $30 Neat & Tangled credit!

May is up today: 



Hi, it's May here with a fun card that I made using patterned papers from Scrapbook Circle October Kit. I started by die cutting some shapes with Scored Shapes Dies
Then I added a couple layers of vellum and black stripes patterned paper on the yellow card base after putting together the die-cuts using foam tape.



For the sentiment banner, I stamped the sentiment from Woof and the banner from Creepy Cute Shadows. Then I heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I adhered the banner on the card front using foam tape after die cutting it with Creepy Cute Shadows dies.



I made a quick video tutorial to show you how I created the card. You can watch the tutorial here or in HD on the Neat and Tangled YouTube channel



As a finishing touch, I added a small heart to the card front using the puffy sticker from Scrapbook Circle October KitThat's all I have today. Hope you love my card and get some inspiration. Thank you! 

Don't forget to stop by the Scrapbook Circle blog and come back tomorrow for more great inspiration!  

58 comments

  1. oh it's a fantastic card, thanks for sharing this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I would be challenged to come up with something like this myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please share your version of Shapes and Layers after you make. :)

      Delete
  3. Great card! And I love the video from May! It's amazing as always)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is simple but so pretty.
    Love the vellum toning down the black and white stripes.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not good at using layers, so your comment means a lot. Thank you, Mary!

      Delete
  5. So pretty and I love
    the embossing and
    the layers.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie! Hope you are having a great day!

      Delete
  7. Very cute. I like the shapes and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super FUN May!! I LOVE the layers!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE all these fun little details! Great card and tutorial!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! Love the stamp and the mix of patterned papers together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I was intimidated by using patterned papers at the beginning, but I really love how it turned out. :)

      Delete
  11. I love your layered card!
    Fantastic use of the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card. Thanks for the video, so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  13. PRETTY card and FUN tutorial May :)
    LOVE your layers and dimension!!!
    ... I confess, I enjoyed watching you cut the shapes, when I get a new die I quite often go a bit crazy cutting out a bundle, think I will be using vellum & patterned papers more now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Tracy. Happy to hear that you enjoyed watching my video. :)

      Delete
  14. Love the use of the vellum and the circle elements!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure how I feel about the vellum on the card but I love, love, love how the white embossing powder pops on the card! That's one of the first things you notice. I'm not sure I have any white embossing powder but if I don't, I'll have to get some. I noticed that when I stamped my name on the back of cards and I did it in white, it really showed up but like yellow, it didn't always show up all the time. I guess I just have to play with it. I so wish I had a die cutting machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail. Die cutting machine is kind of pricy compared to other supplies, but once you get it you feel it is worthy.

      Delete
  16. I love this card and video!
    It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a great card...I love the stripes and vellum combo, it's very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Grat card, May. Love the kit she used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie! Hope you are having a wonderful (and crafty) day!

      Delete
  19. Such a pretty and adorable creation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card! Love how all the patterns combine so well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving this color palette: yellow, teal, gray, black, white with a PPP of red! So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I'm not good at colors, but this kit made my work so easy. :)

      Delete
  22. Fun layers! What is it about hearts in hearts that makes me go all weak kneed?! : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the project--great layering and love the sentiment in white on black.

    ReplyDelete
  24. May your card is so pretty. I love the layers, the vellum, and that you flipped the edges of the banner.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top