Thank You Speech Bubble Shaker

Hey everybody! Happy Friday! It's Taheerah here with my first post for Neat & Tangled - woo hoo!

I've been loving light, bright, fun and pretty cards lately and that's exactly the kind of card I'm sharing with you today! We're in desperate need for some Spring weather, wouldn't you say? And bright fun cards can be like a ray of sunshine while we wait!

I pulled together some of my favourite sets - A Lot To Say, Everyday Labels and Sunburst, and created this fun sequin shaker:


I love how bright and happy this is!!


To create the rays on the acetate front, I stamped the rays from Sunburst with Versamark ink and heat set with some semi-dull embossing powder with some glitter sprinkled on! This gave such a pretty effect! I also lightly stamped it with a rainbow of pigment inks spritzed with Perfect Pearls mist to give a soft hint of colour!


The shaker is filled with lots of yummy sequins sandwiched between the front layer and another layer of acetate. I also snuck in some sentiments from Everyday Labels so that the message is a shaker too!


I stamped the rainbow sunburst again onto some white cardstock and backed the shaker panel onto that. The whole shaker element was then adhered to a card base, and the front is of course the speech bubble from A Lot To Say, stamped with black ink then neatly trimmed out inside the lines using a craft knife.


I hope this card brought some sunshine to your day! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments

  1. Really cool! Love the stamping on acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I didn't know you could emboss acetate without warping it. I love the bit of glitter mixed in. It's a cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome awesome card. congrats on your first post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-MAZE-ing, Taheerah! Such a fun and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought this was tulle but knew it could not be. I like how you decorated the acetate and card behind to get this awesome look. Very clever shaker!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Your technique for creating the "rays" was very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top