Sequin Balloons

Hello! Chari here today with another sequin card.   This time I used the balloons in the Just For You set as my inspiration.  I wanted to make another card with a sequin panel behind cut out images and I thought it would be fun to do the balloon and make each of them a different color of sequins.

CelebrateBalloons

I stamped the balloons in Versafine Black Onyx ink and used my craft knife to cut out the inside of each balloon.  I then marked the openings on a scrap piece of card stock and used that as I guide where to adhere my sequins down.  I used Summer Sun, Perfectly Purple and Summer Sky satin sequins. The front panel is popped up with foam adhesive to stand away from the sequins a bit.  I stamped out the sentiment and fussy cut it out and popped it up over the balloon strings.  I wanted to keep the card very neutral so the balloons would pop.  Well not literally of course. :) I think this is a card that could be used for anyone just change the colors to fit the appropriate recipient.  

Have a great day!

7 comments

  1. Love it! Such a bright 'pop' of colours with those fun sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic and absolutely love the colour of the sequins! Genius idea to make the sequins into the balloons, very clever indeed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful - and I can't believe you hand cut those ovals - they are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Birthday card...or any celebration!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabulous hand cutting! Great design and love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top