Santa's Tags with a Twist


Hello..hello...Joni here for your Monday post! So excited today for this is my very first time post as a new DT member here at Neat & Tangled. 

For today I would love to showcase the Neat & Tangled Santa's Tags stamp set. I know that the December holidays are in the past now, but I want to share the dandelion image I create using the two asterisk or snowflake image from this set...which I really love. You can easily create different colors of dandelion image you like :)

Here's how I did it....

1. First I created a circle image with a pencil very lightly, you can draw this or trace it (you will erase this anyway after all your inking is done). This will be your guide where you will put your alternating images of the two asterisk or snowflake. You can use different colors its really up to you <3.

2.For the stem of my flowers I used the line image that is also part of the Santa's Tagset where you can see
below.


3. For my leaves on my flowers I just cut a piece of white foam and adhere it on my acrylic block temporarily and use this as my leaf image.



For my card I first created a card from a white cardstock then cut a panel same size as my A2 card and started distressing the sides of my card with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peacock Feathers.

Then start stamping my images like from the above photo. As for the sentiment "magic inside" is also from Santa's Tags, stamped it with Delicata Gold ink.

Lastly, I added some clear glitters from Martha Stewart on the individual asterisk image, for added touch
when it hits the light :)


Here's the bottom of the card. You can also see I fussy cut my leaves and adhere it for added dimensions.


Here's the full view of the card.


For my next card have the same concept, I am not sure if you guys have seen the lamp from Ikea just a little inspiration for my next card.


For this card I added a gold string and a strip of patterned paper at the bottom and voila, really simple card.


Can you tell I really love this stamp set? For my last project I created a tag for my treat bag using again Santa's Tags. This time I used the tag that came with the set and stamped it in black ink. Then die-cut the foil cardstock with Wplus9 Stackers: Hearts and added some cut image I created using the asterisk or snowflake image and create a subtle look for my dandelion, for it not to steal the spotlight from the foil heart and the gold embossed fussy cut sentiment :)

Lastly, I added some sequins, vellum, gold twine, and black and white chevron twill to finish off my tag.



Here's the treat bag all packaged up with my tag for the day of hearts :)


I hope you guys enjoyed!
Have a Wonderful week :)

Thank you so much for visiting !


27 comments

  1. Gorgeous cards! Love the bright pops of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Gorgeous, gorgeous cards, Joni! Totally in love with the way you have used the stamp set to create such different looks. I love both your cards and tag very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, love your out-of-the-box uses for those fab stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly goes to show the amazing creative talent of Joni!! to think...creating dandelions from a Christmas tag set! I am floored! My gosh, these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style Joni! Your cards and tag is just beautiful!
    TFS - enjoy your new crafty week~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Joni--these are all fantastic, and what a great way to stretch your stamps and use them throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joni these are so stinkin' creative! All of them just gorgeous! I love how you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fabulous first post on the N&T DT, Joni! These are all stunning ... I love stretching stamps, and I love how you've used yours in such an unexpected way to create the most amazing cards ... brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your projects are absolutely gorgeous!! I love how you've used the stamps!! They look amazing!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUCH amazing creativity...like only Joni can! Man, she amazes me every.time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes there's magic... So lovely, Joni.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and brilliantly done Joni!

    Hello from Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun and totally clever! Love your cards and tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous projects, Joni! Such creative uses of this set.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely GENIUS!!! I love love love love these!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all so fantastic! I got this set for Christmas and haven't had a chance to use it yet. Now I know exactly what I'm going to do! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome projects. Great tip to make a stamp for leaves or anything you want. The flower is wonderful. I like the lamp inspiration...very nice. The tag treat topper is beautiful. Fabulous job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh m, Joni! You sure make MAGIC with this stamp set! Love all of your three gorgeous cards! You sure rock your first DT assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was such a joy to see your first card come together! Awesome idea and flawless execution, Joni! Love what you created from those two tiny stamps. The layers of ink, especially in the middle of your flowers, are so engaging. And your tiny inking of blue around the edges is so unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So ingenious! Love these projects, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  21. *swoon* Absolutely stunning Joni!! These are so well put together and so so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dandelions from snowflake stamps? Inspired! All of these projects are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful out-of-the-box projects, Joni! Who would guess you were using holiday stamps! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the way your mind works, Joni - those dandelions are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, Joni, you have amped up the versatility of this stamp set incredibly! Only you, with your infinite creativity, would have transformed 'winter- themed' stamps into spring-y dandelions and Valentine-day treats. I'm in awe...again...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, they're all beautiful!!! So creative, Joni!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top