Rainbow repeat stamping!

Hello everyone, Mayuri here...

Welcome to my first post for Neat & Tangled as a DT member ;-). I wanted to share some cards I made using the Simple Christmas stamp set, which actually has quite a few generic images and sentiments. This meant I could experiment a little, so I grabbed a rainbow selection of Distress Inks and the semi-circular wreath image to begin stamping a pattern. Here's the end result:

©Candles in the Garden. Neat & Tangled DT Post. Repeat stamping with Simple Christmas stamp set.

I drew a few guidelines on a square panel of white cardstock and stamped the half-wreath twice in each colour to create complete wreaths. I did this along all the guidelines, leaving me with one whole circular pattern image - cool, huh?!

©Candles in the Garden. Neat & Tangled DT Post. Repeat stamping with Simple Christmas stamp set.

I find this kind of repeat stamping therapeutic - you could create a bunch of cards like this using the same principal. (Quick tip: have a piece of scrap paper next to you, so you can stamp off a couple of times in between each colour change, rather than cleaning the stamp - this works great if you're using Distress Inks!).

©Candles in the Garden. Neat & Tangled DT Post. Repeat stamping with Simple Christmas stamp set.

Then, I went in with the little leaf image and stamped where the lines were intersecting and with the small berry image around the outside.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat & Tangled DT Post. Repeat stamping with Simple Christmas stamp set.

For the sentiment, I stamped 'warm' and 'wishes' onto a piece of vellum in black ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set. I wrapped the vellum strip around the white panel and foam mounted to my card base. I couldn't resist adding a couple of sequins too... Here's another version of the card using one of the other sentiments from the same set:

©Candles in the Garden. Neat & Tangled DT Post. Repeat stamping with Simple Christmas stamp set.

I think repeat stamping a simple image can lead to so many possibilities with endless colourways - works well using just one colour or the rainbow of colours!

©Candles in the Garden. Neat & Tangled DT Post. Repeat stamping with Simple Christmas stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by - hope this post shows how versatile any stamp set can be!

7 comments

  1. Wow, superb stamping!! Love your creativity and execution! AWESOME work, Mayuri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great great creative design! congrats on your first post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both designs were just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely beautiful!! What a fantastic way to use the stamp and the colours are stunning!!! If this is your first DT post, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea and perfect execution Mayuri!! Just what we need to brighten up a Winter's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rainbow colors are always so cool looking! I love your choice of stamps for a circle repeat. Beautiful job. I will be trying this.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top