Make it Monday on a Thursday

First of all, look at what mama bought this week:

I finally broke down and got it.  A 40% off coupon to Michael's helped make my decision easier. Can someone tell me why it took me more than 5 minutes to get the tape in there? I had some serious struggles.

Last night was the first time I had a chance to sit down and actually stamp in a few days.

Something I have done is started using a little sketch book.  So many times during the day I get an idea for a card, and by the time I sit down to make something it has left my mind.  This little doodle pad was the best thing I could have done. It has really allowed me to spend more time thinking about designs and coming with with colors and ideas.  It also makes it a little easier when I sit down to craft.  I have a list of ideas, color combos, techniques, etc. I want to try. Sometimes when I sit down I just stare at all my stuff and wonder where to start, I lack the mojo. It is especially helpful when trying to brainstorm for challenges. I'd share my sketches, but imagine something a 3 year old would draw.

So, over at PTI they started Make it Mondays, so this is my entry for the first week!  I didn't think  I would like the red and aqua combo at first, but I wanted to get out of my comfort zone (ie. kraft with anything) and try something new.









Hope you all have a great day. I love Thursdays. It means homemade pizze, chai tea and lots of t.v. with the hubby.

Supplies
Paper: Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Versafine Black, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Versamark
Stamps: Just My Type and Jesse's ABC's(Lawn Fawn), Mega Mixed Messages (PTI), Little Bitty Birds (PTI)
Fun Stuff: Button and Twine (PTI), Signature Series: Cupcake (PTI)

6 comments

  1. Super cute card - I love the colors, and what you did with the sentiments!!

    I got that ATG exactly the same way - and it took me a good 5 mins (maybe more??) to get it all perfectly set up too. "easy instructions" - meh! It's totally worth the $ too (with the coupon - too expensive for me w/out!) because it lasts & lasts.

    Thanks for sharing - just a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Its one of the best ones I've seen using that sentiment technique. Love it.
    I LOVE my ATG gun, couldn't craft without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so cute! I just love your twist on the card! Super cute! I just love my ATG, but it did have a bit of a learning curve for me. Now it's 2 seconds and ready to go......You'll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute! Love the colors and the typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Danielle. Ideal card for male or female and all the different sentiments look great and work wonderfully well with the typewriter and main sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top