And so it begins...

Construction, or should I say demolition, on the basement begins tomorrow. YIKES.

For like 8 weeks I will not be able to lounge around in my pjs til noon, walk around half clothed, or take a nap.  I'm sure our schedules will be thrown off, but I must remind myself it is for the greater good! Thankfully the weather is supposed to be warming up, so I'm hoping we can get outside while they're are tearing things apart (I'm sure it will be loud).

So Joy shared a card she submitted for publication that did not get picked up...so I will too.  It was my second go at the submitting to a publication call, and my second time not getting picked up. I was a little disappointed, but I will not give up!  It just means I have to craft more, and buy more stuff right??? (Kidding! Well sort of...)


For now we are off to make Valentine's for Daddy before he gets home from work. We have about an hour...why do I procrastinate?


Supplies:
Paper: Kraft, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White (PTI)
Ink: Versamark Versafine Black, Wild Honey and Antique Linen Distress Inks
Stamps: Little Bitty Bird and Miniscrapbooking Series (PTI), Bannerific(Lawn Fawn)
Die: Spiral Notebook Page (PTI)
Fun stuff: Buttons (PTI), Heart Brads (Making Memories)

9 comments

  1. Ooh, I love this card - the colors, the banner, the birds and the spiral notebook page! It should have been picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, I really like your banner and how you created your background!! Keep trying, you'll make it, your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for demolition! Just remember how exciting it will be to have your own craft room.

    I love your card, those sweet little birds and the banner is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! It should have been picked up!
    Good luck with the remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweet card is cute as, so pleased that you shared this, and never fear, we both will keep trying.

    Looking forward to viewing some photos of the demolition.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! I love the little banner - very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this super-cute card, Danielle! Those birdies are colored beautifully and I LOVE that banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO CUTE! Love the stamped background, and the birds on the note page and that fabby sentiment banner, love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep trying, I'm *sure* you'll be published soon! Great card--love the bitties, and the yellow just POPS off the card in such a good way!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top