Mixed Media Magnolia with Lydia Fiedler


Hey everyone - Lydia here for my second guest post - I'm happy to be here! I have some mixed media goodness for you today!

I've been working on creating structure in my prints with some experiments in masking, and I finally got it to where I wanted it and could recreate what I was doing, so that is what I have for you today.

First, a card with the technique. I stamped the Magnolia image and die cut it with the matching dies. Then I cut a circle from glitter paper to go behind it. 

I had used this stencil in the Gel Press printed background, and it was perfect for curving a small sentiment from this set on my MISTI and stamping in one of the openings. As you'll hear me say in the video, the white space is important for making this technique work. I love the zentangle look of this stamp set - it's bold and perfectly suits a bold, colorful background.

Here is the video on how I did the background.


3 comments

  1. Love this beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! My friend is researching this topic, so your article helps him a lot. As I see, your writing style is great, so please continue like that in the future. Keep it up!


    small grow tent

    5x5 grow tent

    grow tent fan

    3x3 grow tent

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top