Have a snappy birthday (with Elena)

Hi there!

Elena here, with a fun birthday card featuring some cuties from our newest release:


All 3 of the gators from Later Alligator are here for the party! I also added some of the smaller images from the set. A little bird to perch on top of a gator's snout, a fish balloon, a crawling snail and the frog stuffed animal.


To color the gators, I used copic markers YG11, YG13 and YG67 for the main green of the bodies. I then colored the scales with the darkest color, YG67. The tummies were colored with a trio of yellow copic markers: Y000, Y17 and Y11.


Once I had all of the images colored, I heat-embossed the sentiment onto a kraft banner flag. I then created a frame around them all using the largest scalloped rectangle die from the Scalloped die collection. I cut into it using an oval die from Lawn Fawn and voila! A custom frame.

I used a subtly dotted patterned paper behind the gators, and another striped one on the card base.  Nothing too bold, since I wanted the images to really pop.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

6 comments

  1. So cute! I love the bird on his nose, and the sweet one with the frog stuffed animal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, the layout really sets the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorably cute. Great collection of gators having a top party, beautiful colouring, seemless.x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top