Oops

Lesson learned, always check your gauge before starting a project.  For those of you who do not knit or crochet, checking your gauge pretty much just means you do a little sample to make sure that your finished project will come out with the right dimensions.  Usually when I crochet I could care less about checking gauge.  I don't care if my afghan is a few inches smaller or larger, or if a stuffed animal is smaller or bigger than anticipated.  Well, gauge does matter when you do something that has to be a certain size, like say booties or a hat.

I wanted to make a cute little beanie for G for Fall (even though he hates wearing hats).  So, away I went.  I finished the whole thing and don't you know it was about 1/2 the size I needed it to be. Ugh.

So, instead of having it go to waste, I crocheted a little flower, stitched it on, and I'm going to give it to my friend for her little baby girl.  I think it's pretty cute if I do say so myself.



I'm going to attempt this again, but change the yarn and pattern a bit so it hopefully fits G's noggin. I'm hoping to bang it out tonight while watching one of my guilty pleasures, Jersey Shore. Please don't hate me.

No comments

Back to Top