December Guest Designer: Lea Lawson!

Hi friends!

I'm so excited to introduce you to our December guest designer, Lea Lawson! She is so incredibly talented and I am such a fan of her style! I know you will love her as much as I do!  Be sure to head over to her blog to see more of her amazing projects, plus some more photos of her project here today.

And now a little from Lea: 

Hi there, Neat & Tangled friends!  My name is Lea Lawson, & I'm super excited to be this month's guest on the Neat & Tangled blog!  I've got some fun holiday projects in store for you over the next few weeks.

For my first card I knew I HAD to use the Very Merry stamp set, as that large scripted "merry" was just begging me to emboss it in glittery gold!  As I looked over the entire set, I realized that the longer sentiment would be PERFECT as an ornament hanger.  That is how my cute little shaker card came to be!  :) 
Card Directions:
  1. Cut an A2 card base from eggplant colored cardstock to start.  
  2. Distress ink a small square of Strathmore art paper, mist it with water & gold Color Shine, then adhere it to the lower right corner of the card base.  
  3. Cut a white cardstock block slightly smaller than the card base, and diecut a circle from the lower right corner.  
  4. Cover the back of the diecut circle with a transparency, then stamp the ornament hanger part of the sentiment in onyx black Versafine ink.  
  5. Stamp & heat emboss the scripted "merry" on vellum, cut it out & adhere it to the top of the ornament.  
  6. Finish stamping the sentiment directly to the transparency using StazOn opaque white ink.  
  7. After adding an assortment of sequins to the distress inked block, covered the back of the white block in foam adhesive (making sure it is seamless around the diecut circle) & adhere it to the front of the card.  
  8. Diecut holly leaves from felt, then adhere them to each side of the ornament.  
  9. Accent them with jingle bells & gold enamel dots to finish.

Thanks so much for checking out my card today!  I will be back next week with another fun holiday project to share!  Have a great weekend!!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

I am totally in love with the non-traditional colors Lea used. Just stunning!

Thanks for stopping by!
Danielle

5 comments

  1. Yay for Lea! Such a fan of her work! LOVE the shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is totally GORGEOUS.. great designing.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you already know I'm a huge fan of your work!!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy to see Lea's guest design here! Her work are always top-notch and beautiful! Today's card is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so cool! Love how the sentiment is 'build'!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top