Ink Splash Birthday Card - Heather

Good morning! Heather here again to share another fun card to help celebrate Neat and Tangled's 1st birthday! 


I had a lot of fun on this card (which means I made quite a mess! Heehee!) I used Ink Splash to stamp with Versamark ink, then embossed with clear ink - LOVE the tone on tone look it gives! I also inked the edges of the card with some coordinating distress ink. It still looked like it needed a little more something, and this is where a happy accident occurred...I sprayed on some white Mister Huey's mist, and it went on way too thick and heavy! So I blotted it off with some white computer paper. WOW! Not my intention - but LOVED the effect it gave!


I added a strip of cardstock attached with foam adhesive on which I used sentiment from Across the Card embossed in white, and added some Snow White sequins in a row along the thin strip. Finished off with a bit of Strawberry baker's twine from the Twinery. (Hint: when attaching twine diagonally on a card, add a tiny dot of glue on each edge to hold the twine in place at an angle!)


Thanks for stopping by today! If you haven't hopped along with Little Tangles yet - you might want to! Comments are open through next week, and the prize is pretty fabulous! Have a great day!!!

18 comments

  1. What a great card, Heather!! This looks like a fun stamp to play with! ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card!!i also love the tone and tone look!!! And what a happy accident with the white mist!!! The card is amazing!!!!! I am totally digging the diagonal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card! Love the bright color and "splats". My favorite part of your card has to be the sequins, though. The line of white sequins just draws your eye to the sentiment panel. Love it. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Heather! The colours, the splats, the 'white' spots, the sentiment and those oh-so-perfectly-placed sequins all add up to delightful eye-candy! Awesome!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color, design and perfect happy accident!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my heather. this is lovely. makes the ink splashes so natural looking. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this stamp and what you did with it! So fun! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new to neat & tangled but love what I see here and what a great card you've made love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of this card!!! So love it! TFS!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the colours youve used on this card , so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My! I love your happy accident. Super card.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. super fun card! love the blotches

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top