Happy Birthday Background



Hi all! Happy Friday!

Katie Gehring here today. We have been celebrating Neat and Tangled's first birthday all this month and I brought a birthday card using Everyday Circles to the party to share with you!

dsc_0308

Using the "birthday" sentiment from Everyday Circles, I built a background by stamping the word repeatedly in 3 ink colors. Next, I die cut a circle in the bottom third of the card and mounted the stamped panel onto a piece of black cardstock with foam tape.

I stamped the solid "Happy" circle onto a scrap of cream cardstock and punched it out with a 1/2" circle punch.  I centered it inside the die cut circle and secured it with some adhesive.

dsc_0309

I love how the black mat forms another border around the circle.  As a finishing touch, I added a few black sequins.  

Since you can't have a party without presents, Danielle is including this sweet little 3 x 2" set called Dreams with all stamp orders placed this month.  With only a little over a week left in the month, be sure to place an order and to claim yours! 



I hope you have a great weekend!
Katie 




10 comments

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! What a great card! The circle window and the black sequins, along with the perfect stamping, make this one awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye-catching card! Love the circle, the sequins, the colours...day-brightening and smile-making!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally love it.. awesome stamping..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! and a free stamp with order?!?!?! Placing an order when I get home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! I love the use of different inks! ~hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you made the Birthday background and how you did the Happy Circle. Nice technique. The black sequins look wonderful with the colors. Beautiful job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card. I love that background!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top