Dreams! - Reverse Masking Technique

Hello everyone! Nina here to share a card using the brand new stamp set: Dreams! It is a special stamp set which is free with any order placed during our Neat and Tangled birth month :)

I used a technique I call Reverse Masking to create the orange background for the sentiment.


I use reverse stamping technique a lot but when the stamp design is not symmetrical, it will not work. How about using the reverse side to create a mask for it? I experimented and liked the result. Here is how I did it:

I inked the stamp on its reverse side, stamped and cut out. I used both pieces on my card.


I used the cut-out piece (stamped side facing down) to mask and create the pink area.



And the negative part to mask and ink the orange area. As the arrow shown: I used a piece of Scotch tape (hard to see but it is there) to help keep the mask together at where I cut in.


I left the mask in place when stamping the sentiment to help me align it to the center.


I stamped the sentiment again on some yellow paper and cut out the banner part to add interest to the sentiment. I also used a white gel pen to draw some lines for some depth for the pink background.


I had a lot of fun playing with this sentiment. I look forward to our September release with more awesome calligraphy stamps by Danielle! See you then! Happy Stamping!

9 comments

  1. Wow! What a cool and fun technique! The colors are awesome too and the whole card is great!!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique!! Love the way the card came out!! ~hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT technique! I may do a video showing how to do this...how cool! Happy birthday to Neat & Tangled :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this a lot and plan to give it a try. Super card and great job explaining :D
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool technique! I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool technique! TFS!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is such a cool technique.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top