Happy Birthday Neat & Tangled!


Yay!  Neat & Tangled turns one this month :) I used Every Day Circles and stamped the cardbase in blue, orange and aqua. It turned out to be a beautiful background, but a little too bright and busy for my birthday sentiment.

Birthday Wishes

So I lightened the background by stitching a piece of vellum over the card base and stamped my birthday sentiment in black.

Birthday Wishes - Close Up

I love how simple this card looks and it's just perfect for mailing!

-- pamela

14 comments

  1. I LOVE this card!! The stitching really makes it! Do you use a regular sewing machine to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love that idea for toning down color. Will have to remember this tip. ~Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning, Pamela! Your attention to detail is amazing. The circles are lined up perfectly, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect way to tone down the colour. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is indeed a SWEET color combo!! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I just made a card with a vellum overlay for the first time in a long time--great minds think alike--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the vellum - very trendy design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy First Birthday to Neat & Tangled! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your choice of colors, and the effect of the vellum. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the vellum layer stamped...so pretty. It gives plain stamping a whole different look.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vellum is the best...love how it 'sorbets' the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top