Chalkboard Cupcake Card

Good morning! Heather here - super excited to be sharing a card to help celebrate Neat and Tangled's 1st birthday! 


I decided to play with Sketchy Cupcakes and make a card using the chalkboard technique. I love how simple this technique is, and how elegant it looks! Simply stamp your images with watermark ink, heat emboss with white powder, then slightly offset and stamp again with white pigment ink. I then wrapped a bit of paper towel around my finger, dipped in pigment ink, and added the smudges to help complete the chalkboard look.


I added some Tangerine Satin Sequins, pattern paper from a Crate Paper 6x6 Party Day paper pad,  and a bit of washi tape that I found at Michael's. I hand trimmed some scraps of the pattern paper into the 3 little banners, attached them at the top with washi tape, and used a tiny Tim Holtz paper clip to attach to my card. 


Finished off with some doodlings around the chalkboard with a white gel pen, and a little more doodling in black pen around the outer edges.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy 1st Birthday Neat and Tangled!

7 comments

  1. Love this, Heather! The chalkboard technique is so fun! ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Wow!! That chalkboard technique is something I have been wanting to try that out for a hike. But wow! Is this card stunning! Looooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!! I love it! I will definitely try your chalkboard technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chalkboard effect with the lovely pattern paper! Beautiful job, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Card! Love the way you embellished the chalkboard look....great job! :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top