Neat and Graphic

Hello and TGIF friends, 

Katie Gehring here to share a card that is a bit of a departure for me.  I really adore Clean and Graphic designs, but sometimes I find it daunting as to where to begin (and where to stop).  I love playing around with the thin and thick solid stripes that Danielle included in On the Strip 2, so using those elements, I tried my hand at making a bold and graphic card. 

I started by stamping the thick stripe multiple times in Versafine black ink using the grid lines on my acrylic block to help me space the stripes evenly.  I masked the thick stripes with a post-it note and stamped the thin stripe multiple times, this time at a different angle. 

dsc_0781

The sentiment is from Kindness Matters stamped along a thick diagonal line.  I matted the stamped panel on a piece of black cardstock mounted to a cream card base, then I decided to stop and resist the urge to add more elements to the card.

So do you have a go-to style or do you like to mix it up from time to time?  I would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks for stopping by!
Katie

4 comments

Back to Top