On the mend

Thank you so much for your well wishes! We are on the mend, but still not 100%. Hoping to be back to normal for Thanksgiving.

I was able to finish up my few projects last night, and snap a few pictures this morning.  Forgive the short post, but I've got to get to the grocery store!  I am making a pumpkin cheesecake for Thursday.  I know, I know, your not supposed to try any new recipes for Thanksgiving, but this seems pretty fail safe. I saw it on the Food Network, it's Gina's Pumpkin Cheesecake.  What sold it for me was the gingersnap crust. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Don't forget, you have until 5pm EST today to enter for a $20 Gift Certificate to any of the 200+ CSN Stores!

So here is the next little animal for my Etsy shop, a sweet little elephant.





 And a card!







Just something simple and a little whimsical, and I got to use my sewing machine which was fun. It was hard to capture the sparkle on the 'snow' since the sun decided not to cooperate while I was outside, but you get the idea.

Supplies:
Paper: Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, White (PTI)
Stamps: Wonderfully Whimsical, Snowfall (PTI)
Ink: Versamark; Milled Lavender, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Barn Door, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint (Distress Inks)
Embellishments: Pearls (Queen and Co.), Stickles, Course Glitter (Martha Stewart)

8 comments

  1. OMG, how cute is that elephant?! And so is your card! I never did get the whimsical set, but beautiful cards like this always put me back on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Love the layers and the stitching! Glad you are starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! I love the houses on the snow banks and the pearl accents. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the dimension to your card - very sweet winter scene! The snow turned out fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, sparkles! My favorite! It is an adorable little scene you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little elephant! That's what I guessed it was the other day. Too cute.

    The card is great -- I'm still amazed that you're new to this. It looks as if you've been doing it for years! You've got mucho taliente. Haha! Just kidding. Not about the talent, just the fake Spanish. ;o)

    Have fun with your cheesecake! I'm making my famous autumn cheesecake tomorrow. It's covered in apples and pecans sprinked with cinnamon and sugar. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE these- card and elephant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, love your card - the snow looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top