Take Two

So, I finished my 2nd card! Just under the gun too, seeing as how I'm shooting for one thing a week and tomorrow is Friday.

This card took me 3 days to finish. I actually saw a color challenge for gray, white, and teal and thought it would be fun to enter. It was over at the EBTKS blog.



  I came up with my idea on Tuesday, did the background, die cut the ornaments, and played around with layout on Wednesday. I hit a wall as far as layout and embellishments, I just had too many ideas floating around so I slept on it.  Today I finished it.  The Stickles around the edges and ribbon was such a last minute addition, it wasn't even dry when I took the pictures!

Here's what I came up with






I'm going to do a similar card with shades of purple and pink.  These ornaments were inspired by actual ornaments my Baczi (grandmom) had. They were similar in color and super sparkly and truly vintage. My mom still has a few we put on our tree every year.  So, this card makes me smile :o)


Supplies

Cardstock: Stampers Select White, Aqua Mist, and Ocean Tides (PTI)
Ink: Distress Inks in Pumice Stone, Broken China, and Tumbled Glass, Versafine
Stamps: Vintage Ornaments, Merry Little Christmas, Tin Types
Embellishments: Aqua Mist Twill Ribbon and Rhinestones (PTI)
Other: Stickles, Winter Wonderland and clear embossing powder

Oh, and here is what it looks like when I'm working


In other words, a mess. Seeing as how my desk is so small I need to make use of the floor as well. Someday I'll have a full size craft room...a girl can dream.


12 comments

  1. Beautiful card! I love the ornament colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love those colors and the background works so well with the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Your card looks so gorgeous with all the sponging and layering, hard to beleive it's only your second!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work!! The color combo is fantastic and very striking! I love how you grouped the ornaments together too. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the last minute addition of the Stickles - really sets the card off right! You are going to be so fun to watch! I think everyone's skills tend to get better and better the more they follow blogs, learn new techniques, etc. You are already an amazing crafter, so it will be fun to watch as you learn and grow :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how this came out. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty!!! Love the colors and the ornaments are arranged perfectly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your 3D look of ornament...really adorable card....I just Join the EBTKS challenge and my card is number 33, maybe you would like to see my Blog :) many thanks before...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Good luck on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love all the embossing. Your crocheted animals are so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love those ornaments! Thanks so much for joining us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top