You're a treat!

Hi there!

Elena here, with the sweeter side of halloween:


I used images from You're A Treat to create this soft card. Even the black cat is more of a soft grey! I used a warm grey copic marker (W1) to shade the pumpkin just the tiniest bit, so that it still looked like a white pumpkin. No bright orange on this card!

I gave the adorable witch a darker skin tone. I find it tricky to find the right combo that doesn't look too purple, or too yellow, but I was happy with this one. My daughter was thrilled that I colored the image to look like her! In case you'd like to try it out, the copic combo I used was E21, E35 and E37.


Once the images were all colored, I stamped the greeting in a bold black ink, to ground all of them. I then set them against a hazy rose-beige sky, amid vellum clouds. The Making Waves die provided the most perfectly sized clouds for this card! And cut out of vellum, they are subtle but still add texture and a more interest to the background.

To finish things off, I used a white gel pen to add accents to the images, and to add little twinkly dots to the sky. 

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

5 comments

Back to Top