Introducing our October Guest Designer - Ardyth Percy-Robb


We are so pleased to welcome Ardyth Percy-Robb as this month's guest designer at Neat & Tangled.  Ardyth has a wonderful bold, CAS style.  Ardyth's designs are eye-catching and approachable - she's a wonderful educator - her videos make recreating her pieces easy to achieve!  We love seeing her use our products and are so excited to share her work with you this month.  Here's a little more about her:

I live in Toronto, Canada, with my husband and 2 teenaged children. I started cardmaking in 2006, at a Stampin' Up! Party and have never looked back. I created my blog, MASKerade in 2012 to share my work and become part of this amazing community! I am active in the stamping community and work on various Design Teams and Challenge blogs.

I love clean, graphic design with bold colours and lots of white space. My favourite cards are the ones where stamps are used in unexpected ways to create something fun!

I'm thrilled to be a Guest Designer at Neat & Tangled this month - I hope you will be inspired by something you see in my posts!

Today is my first post and I decided to make a warm, autumn thank you card using this beautiful Maple Thanks stamp (and matching dies!)


I started by stamping the leaf twice on a panel of white cardstock, using Copic-friendly black ink. I coloured the leaves with 5 colours, making sure to get a good mix over each leaf. Then, I put the panel back into my MISTI and restamped the leaves with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink before embossing them with clear embossing powder. This gives these leaves a stained glass look. I coated them lightly with Diamond stickles for some sparkle and set them aside to dry.

I cut a tag using the Classic Tag 1 die and stamped a bold thanks sentiment from the Medallion Flower Builder set with a light gray ink for a tone-on-tone look. I used the grid on my Mini MISTI to help me move the tag so that my stamping was precise.  I used another sentiment from So Many Sentiments to complete the thought, and stamped it along the edge of the tag with dark brown ink.

I placed the die on each end of my panel and cut about half of each leaf. This allowed me to get a square die under the cut edges of the leaves to trim the panel to fit onto my 4.25x4.25 inch square card. If partial die-cutting isn't your thing, you could get a similar look by fully die-cutting the leaves and adhering them to  a full square white panel. I glued my panel directly to the card base, but popped up the edges of the leaves for some dimension. The tips of the leaves hang over the edge of the card, but it will still fit into a standard A2 envelope for mailing.

I used foam tape to pop up the tag in the centre of my card and added some more glitter glue along the scored lines in the tag. 

Here's a video:

5 comments

  1. Yay for Ardyth! Love her work. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video, and great ideas of how to color this awesome stamp. I like the idea of adding the stickles for that pretty shine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Ardyth's card and video, she really know's how to get the most from stamps and dies and now we get to watch the process, Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth your work is extremely beautiful,I have followed you since a blog hop a while ago & am mesmerized by your CAS style. Another gorgeous example of that, thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love her! To see her here is such a joy. What a wonderful and such acool card, her techniques are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top