Masking Scenes with Guest Designer Ardyth Percy-Robb


Happy Friday!  We're welcoming back our October guest designer Ardyth Percy-Robb today, and wait until you see what she's created, we love the thought and planning and execution of this card!  Here's Ardyth with all the details:

Good morning! It's Ardyth here, and I'm excited to be back with my second post as the October Guest Designer!

Today I've created a fun winter scene using images from 5 different stamp sets (Beary Merry, Get Yeti, Santa's Wonderland, Oh Deer, and Into the Woods), some masking, ink-blending and Copic colouring!

I started by creating a rough 'sketch' of my card on a scrap piece of paper, by stamping the images where I wanted them - no masking, just quick layout planning. I worked out in my mind which images were in front and which were behind and numbered them, in the order I would need to stamp and mask them.


Then I had to cut out all those masks! Once I had that all finished, I stamped the images, in the correct order and placed their masks over top. 

When the scene was completely masked, I created snowdrifts with some post it tape and blue Catherine Pooler ink. Then I blended more ink over the top of the card to create a bright blue sky.

Then came the big reveal - I've been doing it for years, but it's still magic when all the masks come off!

Next was a whole lot of Copic colouring. I kept it simple - a bit of shading for dimension and a limited colour scheme. I added details with a white gel pen and some glitter glue for sparkle!

Here's a video:

6 comments

  1. Thanks so much! It was fun to create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous scene!!! I love how you prep! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Safetyware Group is an award-winning integrated safety solutions provider. Its passionate employees have over 30 years of experience in the field and are passionate about health and safety
    mankind n95 mask

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top