Reject Blog Hop

As many of you know, Paper Crafts had a publication call for their March/April issue that closed last week. Something like 1300 submissions for this call...crazy!

I have to tell you that in the midst of being sick and everything else going on around here I forgot that I had submitted a few cards. I submitted 6 total cards and actually had 1 get selected.  I couldn't even believe it! (Although, it was one of my favorites.) I had tried a time or two before, and never got anything picked up, quite depressing. I had really wanted to try one more time before the baby came though. Still hard to believe one of my cards is going to be in a magazine.

I was still sad when a few of the others didn't get selected. It's hard when you make a card you reeeaaaally love and want everyone else to love it too, but they don't. It's probably similar to everyone thinking they have the cutest baby in the world. Anywho, the fabulous Amber over at Damask Love hosts these super fun Reject Blog Hops for cards that didn't make the cut (many of which are seriously amazing, it's really surprising). 

So here is one of my babies that is still beautiful in my eyes

So if you're like me, and have some great cards that Paper Crafts was foolish enough not to pick up make sure you join in on the fun!


Supplies Used








Not Pictured: Wonderful Words Additions and Dies(PTI)

10 comments

  1. Danielle, it's beautiful in my eyes too. gorgeous card. i've submitted many times before and when i submitted one more card for this last call, i said i wouldn't try anymore if it didn't get picked up. well, whaddya know? it gets picked up! it was a great feeling that i hope comes again, but it could very well be my only pub...i honestly have no idea what they're looking for! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card. Love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUTSTANDING card!
    If it makes you feel any better, please know that I have submitted, submitted, and submitted some more and STILL have yet to be picked....so don't be sad. Just keep on doing what you're doing - CREATING AMAZING CARDS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is GORGEOUS! wow! I haven't had the courage to submit anything yet, good for you for not giving up after the 1st try. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic! Congrats on the publication :D

    I love this card too - the card they picked must have been a stunner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and that butterfly is just spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful indeed. Although I have never been on that publishing treadmill, I can relate in regards to submitting my cards to online challenges. I know they are not on the same scale, but I do get cut up when always seem to remain on the bench because I am always so proud. Silly me.

    Nonetheless huge congrats on the one that got in. I am so pleased that they at least got that one right. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Danielle! And congrats on the one that got picked up! I'll be watching for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, Danielle! And big congrats for having one picked up :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top