Monochromatic Birthday

Hey everyone!

Man, I know it's Tuesday but I am still pooped from this weekend.  The birthday party on Saturday was a success! So nice to be able to share it with friends and family. G was all smiles and didn't want it to end.  Sunday was busy because we had a cousin's 1st birthday party that was 2 hours away. Needless to say we did lots of driving and were exhausted by the time we got home.

Monday was spent trapped in our house - literally.  We are having a new roof put on, and they started taking off the old one and had totally blocked both the front and back door with the old shingles and stuff.  Perhaps if I was not pregnant and not carrying a 2 year old I would have just climbed over the piles.  However, falling or dropping G into a pile of rusty nails and shingles didn't seem like the best idea so we did lots of arts and crafts and enjoyed new toys.

Last week was also my mom's birthday, and this is the card I made for her. I know, I know, you're sick of the butterfly. I had stamped a bunch and colored them in a while ago when I was practicing my Copic skills so you'll just have to deal with it! At first I thought I could enter it in over at CAS-ual Fridays, until I saw you need to have brown in there too...oh well! I also used one of my favorite Hero Arts background stamps. Inside is stamped "Birthday".

Had my weekly doctors appointment today and all is well. Terrifying Hard to believe I've only got about 3 1/2 weeks to go. Hope you're week is going well! I'm praying mine starts moving a little faster...I'm ready for the weekend.

Supplies Used

2 comments

  1. The blues are beautiful, there is something about monochromatic cards that are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is AMAZING. Seriously! I think this should be your first video tutorial!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top