It's Time to Sleep, My Love

**If you're interested in using the new InLinkz Link Manager to make supply lists using thumbnails like I do, check out this post so you can try it out too**

How fun is it when two of my favorite blogs have challenges that coincide!  I made this card to play along with both CAS-ual Fridays and The Playdate Cafe.  PDCC was to us a splash of red along with black and white, easy enough!  CAS-ual Fridays was to use black, white, and red to make a card inspired by a book. 


The book I chose was It's Time to Sleep, My Love by Nancy Tillman.  Yes, it's a children's book, but it is one of my favorites to read to little G when he goes to sleep. (I usually tear up a little when I read it, pregnant or not!)  It's such a sweet book, with a simple message of telling your child how much they are loved as they drift off to sleep.  I thought the sentiment from the Little Bitty Bird set by PTI was perfect, and I like the idea of the mom and baby bird.

Like how I'm posting this at 9pm and the PDCC challenge closes at 12?  Better late than never, right? :o)


Supplies Used
Not pictured: Little Bitty Bird stamp set (PTI), Medium Scallop Die (PTI)

11 comments

  1. Absolutely adorable! LOVE those woodgrain scallops and darling birds! Such a perfect take on the Color Splash! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. I too love Bitty Bird. Like how you made the scallops so different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute, I love those little bird stamps. I almost bought them last PTI order but I was getting so much cardstock I decided to wait. At least you did your CAS-ual Friday card correctly... I on the other hand did not! Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute, really love those sweet birds and the scallops are the perfect addition..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card. Love those little birds and the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY card!! I really like the composition in this! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see more of your fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this card! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card and I love the balance of your design. Thanks for playing at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling work!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top