Cosmo Cricket Week - Day 4



Here we are on Day 4 of our Cosmo Cricket collaboration week!  Each day this week we're sharing projects featuring Cosmo Cricket and Neat & Tangled.  We hope that you are enjoying the projects as much as we have been enjoying the products!

Every good collaboration need a couple prizes, right?  We've got a great bundle of Cosmo Cricket goodies to share with one of you.  Just leave a comment on each post this week and we'll pick a winner and announce them next week.

Cosmo Cricket also has a prize to share, so be sure to stop by and check them out on Facebook and Instagram.

Today Nina-Marie, Taheerah, and Mayuri are sharing with us.  First up is Nina-Marie:

Hi friends, it's Nina-Marie here with you, sharing a fun set of cards that feature the gorgeous Cosmo Cricket Art Deck papers, along with some of the newest Neat & Tangled stamps and dies!

I created three different cards using the Art Deck papers and I even have a video tutorial for you, showing how I did it! Each card shares the same technique, which is shimmer watercoloring with Distress Inks.

In the video below, I'll be showing you how I created my own shimmer watercolors to paint over the emboss-resist patterns that are printed onto the Art Deck papers.

This first card features this stunning flower, which looks amazing once colored in with the watercolors.






I paired the flower with the new Doily Tag die and a sentiment from the Celebrate stamp set (both new products from Neat & Tangled).

My second card showcases the fun "dream big" constellation-styled sentiment that had a ton of gold dots surrounding it. This immediately made me decide I needed to create a galaxy background for this paper.

I paired this paper with the Scored Shapes dies from Neat & Tangled... the dimension of these stars popping off the galaxy looks fabulous! 

My final card features this encouragement quote that has some beautiful gold foiling on some of the letters. 



To see how all of these cards came together, be sure to watch the video below! If you enjoy, please give it a big thumbs up and subscribe to our channel for more inspiration!  For a complete supply list, please stop by my blog.  




Now it's over to Taheerah for a quick and easy card featuring one of the pieces from the Art Deck Papers, paired together with stamps from Painted Hello and Faceted:


Some very quick watercolouring and splatter over the LOVE panel brought it to life, and then I stamped the solid hello sentiment with Versafine ink.


The card base also got some love to match it with the letters. I stamped the base with the large facet stamp from Faceted, heat embossed it with white embossing powder, then watercoloured it with watered down gold mist for a complimentary finish that doesn't distract from the main panel.


But check out that shimmer! :)

And last but not least, Mayuri has a project to share:

The Pixie Paint bottles of coloured powder pack a huge punch and I had so much fun playing with them:


I began by creating a fun background panel - firstly, I spritzed a piece of lightweight watercolour paper with water, then laid down the Geometric Blooms stencil on top before tapping out some of the Harbor coloured Pixie Paint.


The paint reacted beautifully with the stencil and the water - I removed the stencil and spritzed a little more water to move the paint around a bit more, and heat set the panel when I was happy.


I trimmed the panel down and foam mounted to a white card base before stamping the skunk from the Little Stinker set with Versafine Onyx Black ink, all ready to colour in!


I used some ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens to colour in the little animal, stamped a sentiment from the same set, trimmed him out and foam mounted him to the card front. To finish off, I added some sequins from the Gold Mix selection.

So much wonderful inspiration today!  

Be sure to leave a comment and come back tomorrow for the final day in our collaboration.  At the end of the week one lucky commenter will win a Cosmo Cricket prize pack!

47 comments

  1. An array of lively, vibrant cards that have me bursting out with oohs and ahhs of delight! This partnership is fantastic!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! They're all great artists!!!! I love all their stunning cards!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Love seeing these new Cosmo Cricket products in action too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful cards! Love this pairing with Cosmo Cricket!!! Fun products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO fantastic. I'm a big fan of Cosmo Cricket so it's fun to see their collaboration with one of my favourite stamp companies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! lovely cards so bright and cheerful...love this pairing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful and bright cards!!! Amazing riot of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards! I am anxious to try out the Pixie Paints and Art Deck papers from Cosmo Cricket, and my wish list from Neat & Tangled is getting longer and longer! The Doily Tag Die is at the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW ladies, these are all such beautiful cards. What amazing products!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The backgrounds
    on these cards
    are all so pretty!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! Love the watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the first few cards are so exciting
    and invigorating. they are very
    active.
    Love stinky. All of the projects
    are great.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards - so inspiring! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colours are awesome!Love Little Stinker:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful variety of cards. I like the shimmer watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards! These Art Deck papers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all these vibrant cards and the great products used. So much creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! Love the water coloring on that gorgeous flower! Stunning! And that cute skunk with her very rosy cheeks, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. all beautiful! Especially love the stenciled background behind that adorable little skunk!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cosmo Cricket and Neat and Tangled certainly work well together - these cards are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful techniques! I pinned all the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW... WOW... WOW! They are STUNNING cards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, that was a sparkly and shimmery post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another fabulous day. I took Nina-Marie's advice and subscribed to your You Tube Channel. So much inspiration and information on how to do new things. Today I really enjoyed the bright colors on Mayuri's card. Set off the adorable little skunk just right.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful cards, I'm delighted

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love every one of these cards. I especially liked the way the blue Pixie paint reacted on the card with the stencil! I got to have me some Pixie Paints!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So lovely , and adorable . Both cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love all these fabulous ideas especially the little stinker - Just so darn cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. These cards are all so fab!! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous cards! These colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are all stunning. Love the dream big one.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This Pixel Paint is wild! Such vibrant colours! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow!! Gorgeous projects - loving the gold that seems to be a common theme among all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top