Cosmo Cricket Week - Day 2



Welcome back for Day 2 of our Cosmo Cricket collaboration week!  Each day this week we'll have two or three team members sharing projects featuring Cosmo Cricket and Neat & Tangled.  The team has enjoyed working with Cosmo Cricket projects immensely and it shows, we have so much great inspiration to share with you this week!

Every good collaboration need a couple prizes, right?  We've got a great little bundle of Cosmo Cricket goodies to share with one of you.  Just leave a comment on each post this week and we'll pick a winner and announce them next week.

Cosmo Cricket also has a prize to share, so be sure to stop by and check them out on Facebook and Instagram.

Today Emily and Daria are sharing with us.  First up is Emily:


My card features the Swatch Sticks, which are essentially adorable and portable watercolour sticks! The set comes with 12 colours and a water brush. They flow seamlessly from one colour to the next for a perfect ombre rainbow effect. I partially die cut the stitched circle from the Making Waves Dies, as well as the waves from Mermazing, and you can see in the photo below that only the top half of the dies are cut, allowing just the tops of them to be popped up with foam tape.


After wetting the cardstock with the water brush that comes with the set, I swiped the Swatch Sticks directly across the sun, as well as the waves and the darker water on the sides of the sun. I used one colour at a time, starting from the lightest colour in the set to the darkest red. Then I used two turquoises and two blues for the water.


Basically, I used two sticks and four colours each, for both the sun and the water. I also used the water brush that comes with the set to do some light blending between the colours but I didn't have to do too much. Wetting the cardstock before applying colour did most of the work for me! I smooshed the colours on my Ranger craft sheet and used the water brush to colour the whale and starfish from Mermazing.


Next up is Daria:

Hi, everyone, for today's post, I come up with three simple to make, but still eye-catching cards. Seriously, I just couldn't stop playing with Cosmo Cricket goodies... They work so well with Neat and Tangled sentiments.


 I wanted to show how to make simple yet bright cards using Cosmo Cricket Art Deck Book.


To start of, I choose three designs from the Art Deck Book, and colored them with different mediums: distress inks, watercolors, Cosmo Cricket Swatch Sticks and Pixie Paint.


While my colored panels were drying, I heat embossed different sentiments from Neat and Tangled Awesome and Celebrate Stamps Sets.


The Love Card turned out very graphic and modern. To achieve that look, I colored only some sections of the letters. I think, the sentiment "Me & You" in black and white compliments it nicely. 


I also die-cut Awesome Nice and Neat Dies from gold metallic cardstock to add to one of my cards. It turned out very soft and elegant.


And of course, I couldn't pass on making a dreamy starry background. With pre-resisted cards from Cosmo Cricket Art Deck, it took only a few minutes to make.


So, I made three different cards. Which one you like the most? :) Btw, they are turned out to be square ones - 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 to fit colored panels perfectly :)

I made a processing video, as it is mostly coloring, I haven't done a voice over, but I hope you will enjoy, feel free to ask any questions - I will be happy to help.

I had a lot of fun playing with Cosmo Cricket goodies... And there are still plenty of designs left... Awesome when you need a fast card...  You can find a full list of supplies on my blog.

Be sure to leave a comment and come back tomorrow for more inspiration from our Design Team.  At the end of the week one lucky commenter will win a Cosmo Cricket prize pack!


47 comments

  1. WOW! Talk about impressive, gorgeous projects today! I'm especially intrigued by the Art Book images...and how beautifully they pair with N&T products! A visit here is a marvelous way to start my day! Thank you! Daria: I can't choose a favourite; they're all stunning!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Today's projects are even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Emily and Daria you're great!!! I love your projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Emily's sun. wonderful shading.
    Cute idea.
    Daria's geometrics are great.
    Love the dot-to-dot LOVE and the
    stained glass look
    Fantastic cards.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily's card is so sweet! Love the dimension she achieved. And all 3 of Daria's cards are pretty, but the "Awesome" card is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the cards are
    so lovely, great
    embossing.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards. Fun collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards. I like the coloring with the swatch sticks on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous collaboration! Love them all! They are elegant and eye catching for sure. My fave is that Beautiful flower with the Awesome gold word die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome projects, thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much fun today. The Making Waves dies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great variety of cards and techniques...beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Swatch Sticks give such beautiful results! Love how the Art Deck's been used to make such lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous projects! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today was fantastic. I've been wanting to try water coloring for a long time. Thanks to the great tutorial & video-I might be ready. Thank you so much for this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous projects! I had no idea Cosmo Cricket had so many cool and unique products!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these fun card ideas! The watercolor sticks sound like fun, and look great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the cards. They are colorful and shiny. The Love and Awesome cards are so pretty! I'd love to make both of those. I can't afford to buy any of these new stamps but I can afford to win something! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Code Fibo Review



    Check Professor Matthew Lewis Code Fibo Review. Is it another scam? Don’t think to invest into CodeFibo Software before checking this review.



    http://cruisecontroldietbookreview.com/code-fibo-review-is-codefibo-scam-or-legit-software/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards. I love the effect with the swatch sticks

    ReplyDelete
  21. Emily & Daria, your cards are awesome. I am new to CC products but quickly becoming a fan! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Emily & Daria, your cards are awesome. I am new to CC products but quickly becoming a fan! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These cards are so striking. It's so nice to have such diversity with only a few products.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful cards today. Daria, which one do I like the most? Difficult to choose but I am partial to the Awesome one. Great job, Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like that whale and space card

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like that whale and space card

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great! Love the gold and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these, bright bold colors and great images!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love Dasha's cards. The "awesome" card with that beautiful flower is amazing! That's really very interesting products! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cards! My fave is Love and Awesome)

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG love these cards especially the gold backgrounds - very inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfectly clever design on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Perfectly clever design on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Swatch sticks!!! I did not know this was a thing! Thanks for showing us how to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the partial die cut to pop up the rainbow! Brilliant idea! The Awesome flower card is my favourite of the square ones. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stunning projects!! The swatch sticks are super cool and who knew that there was such a thing?! Not me as I have been living under a rock, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love these projects. Love the die cuts and the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top