Cherish Fall Card by Taheerah

Hey everyone, happy Wednesday! It's Taheerah here today to share a seasonal card that is full of the joys of Autumn!

I have been seeing lots of Autumn-themed colours and cards recently, and with the turn in weather I felt compelled to create something that embraces the Season! Rushing in to help me were the Maple Leaves Journaling Card stamp set and the co-ordinating die!

Here's what I came up with:


I just love that mix of oranges, browns and greens! I can almost hear the leaves rustling!


I started by die cutting the journaling card and then watercoloured it with a mix of Distress Stain and Distress Inks. I splattered on some gold mist and some brown ink to really jazz it up!


Once I''d dried the journaling card with my heat tool I stamped it with the co-ordinating stamp set. Such a gorgeous design! I built the sentiment with stamps from the set, and then added that cute little heart from Lumberjack Love to accent it.


I backed the journaling card with some patterned paper so that it peeked out from behind the leaves, then adhered it to my splattered card base. See those little leaves peeking out from the journaling card? I die cut the Hooray die from the same patterned paper, snipped it apart, and added the pieces to finish of my design!


I hope you loved this card as much as I loved creating it! Maybe you've been inspired to create something reminiscent of the season too! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:

3 comments

  1. Taheerah, this is a full-on swooning inducing card! The autumn palette, the peek of patterned paper beneath the selectively cut-and-lifted leaves, the sentiment...all so gorgeous! Of course, the highlight for me: the maple leaves themselves. Makes my Canadian heart smile!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful fall card! The sentiment is so true and I do!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top