Introducing March Guest Designer - Betsy Veldman


Happy Friday!  We are so excited to have Betsy Veldman with us this month as our guest designer.  Betsy needs no introduction, she's been in the industry for many years working in many aspects from designing to publishing to illustrating.  We couldn't be more thrilled to have her with us, we are all in for a treat this month!  Here's a little more about Betsy in her own words:

Hi there! I'm Betsy Veldman and I'm thrilled to be joining you here at Neat & Tangled for a few posts. I'm a crafty girl at heart and you will almost always find me doing some sort of crafting or creating, whether it's paper crafting, stamping, watercoloring, knitting, or illustrating, my hands are rarely still! My husband and three kids have just sort of learned to deal with the array of crafting supplies that tend to clutter our dining room table (even though I have my own craft room in the basement!) My girls will often join me in my current crafting pursuit, and I treasure the time we can spend together crafting. I love the feeling of creating things, and believe every gift you give should include at least a little something handmade. I've worked for several paper crafting companies through the years, including Paper Crafts Magazine, Provo Craft, Anna Griffin, and have been a designer for Papertrey Ink for nearly 10 years. I still enjoy paper crafting and stamping as much today as the day I started, and hope I get to continue working in my dream job for many more years to come. Thank you for having me, Neat & Tangled crew!


My card today uses the sweet Bloom set. My latest crafty endeavor is to learn some watercoloring skills, and this set just called my name! I started off by stamping the floral swag twice onto a panel of watercolor paper, using a light gray ink -- just dark enough so that I could see the outlines.


Then I took my watercolors and a small brush and went to work on watercoloring all of the little flowers, vines, and berries. Working with watercolors with stamps in this way allows you to concentrate on working on shading and painting techniques, all while the flower shapes and forms are already there for you! 


I finished it off by stamping one of the beautiful sentiments from the set in a dark navy ink.

Betsy will be back next Friday to share again, have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments

  1. Happy to see Betsy as Guest on Neat & Tangled blog ! I love her work.Lovely card shared today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL JOB, Betsy!!! ;) HOW FUN to be featured here on Neat & Tangled!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top