You're A Gem Watercolor Background


Hi there! It's Cheiron here with my monthly post. Today I was inspired to make a card inspired by some gift bags I found in the dollar spot at Target. They immediately reminded me of the You're A Gem set, so I picked a few of them up. I thought they would be the perfect gift bags to pass along treats to my crafty friends.


To create the background, I stamped the gems in a pattern on a piece of watercolor paper. Then I colored around all of the gems with a wash of purple. After that was dry, I started to fill in the gems with golds and pinks. Once the gems were dry, I added splatters of the same colors onto the patterned piece to add some interest. Then I sprayed over the entire panel with Tsukineko Sparkle Spray.


I stamped the You Are A Gem sentiment onto the Doily Tag die. I wanted the fun shape of the die, but I did not want it to cover the entire front of the card, so I cut off the edges and added black cardstock underneath to make it pop. To finish the card, I added a few die cut gems. Once everything was adhered, I added a layer of Nuvo Crystal Glaze onto the die cuts to really make them shine.


I love being inspired by everyday items, and it's even better when I find them at a bargain price!

SUPPLIES:

1 comment

  1. I recently won this gem stamp+die set in a giveaway and I'm so waiting to use them! Thanks for the inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top