His & Her Holiday Cards with Nina-Marie




Hello crafty friends, it is Nina-Marie here with you today, sharing a set of cards that are perfect for that special him or her on your Christmas list this year!

Most card designs can be adapted to fit either a feminine or masculine feel, and this set is a great example of how simple that can be.

I love making shaker cards, and our Doily Tag die is a perfect window to put in front of an assortment of pretty sequins, don't you think? I started off by die cutting the tag from white cardstock and applied a piece of acetate behind it to be my window. I then cut small strips of foam tape to place around the outside edges of the doily tag die; this creates the shaker well for all the sequins I place inside.

The sequins I used for the shaker are from the Phosphorescence and Caribbean Dream mixes from Lucy's Cards, and also the Full of Love mix and Gold sequins from Neat & Tangled.

I popped the shaker up off of a white card base that I embossed with a faceted We R Memory Keepers
embossing folder; the texture on the white card adds the right amount of detail without being distracting.



On both cards I die cut the word "holidays" from white cardstock four times and adhered them together to be more dimensional. For some color and sparkle, I heat embossed them with silver and gold embossing powders from Tonic Studio's Nuvo product line. The holidays die cut and the coordinating sentiments are from Neat & Tangled's Happy Holidays stamp and die set.

To fit the two different genders, I used a red and pink color scheme for the feminine card and green and blue for the masculine version.



Finally, I used some Wink of Stella clear glitter and added it over top of the white card base... the extra shimmer is an optional detail but I think it really adds that perfect finish to the card.



I hope this has inspired you to see how easy it is to switch colors around on a card to make it fit for either a guy or a girl! Thanks so much for spending some time with me today and I will see you again very soon!

SUPPLIES




10 comments

  1. Love how you made this work for both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the detail in that die cut. It works wonderfully for a shaker card/tag! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the detail in that die cut. It works wonderfully for a shaker card/tag! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the detail in that die cut. It works wonderfully for a shaker card/tag! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top