Scandinavian Prints with October Guest Mayline



Happy Friday!

Our October Guest Designer, Mayline, is back today sharing a couple of gorgeous cards featuring Scandinavian Prints.  You're going to love how she has combined this set with watercolors to really stretch it!

It’s Mayline again guest designing today for Neat & Tangled. Watercolor is my favorite paint medium. I love the translucent colors and the fluid way they smoothly blend together. Yes! Today I am sharing watercolor floral cards. Here is my first card.


To start off I stamped some of the outline images from Scandinavian Prints stamp set using black ink on A2 sized watercolor paper panel. Then I painted over the image area with watercolor paint using a wet brush. Once the panel was dry, I stamped half shape of leaf outline image around watercolor circles. Next I painted over the image area with green watercolor paint. After that I stamped sentiment from SquareThoughts stamp set using black ink on the panel as you can see in the picture above. Lastly I stamped some small piece outline images around sentiments with black ink.


Here is my second card for today. I used the same technique and same stamp sets. 


Which cards do you like? I hope you enjoyed today’s my cards.

12 comments

  1. Love your cards and love these new N & T stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful...love the sweet look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh.....love these all! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which one do I like best? Both? LOL My fave is the one with the yellow flowers. Yellow is my favorite color and you used it in your card. Both cards are very colorful and I am usually a very colorful person in my clothing. Hey, does that mean I look like your cards? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both these watercolor cards, my favorite is the first one because I love the little black stamp details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love!!! I love that stamp set - and the way you use it - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top