Hello Friend with Mayline Jung


It's the last Friday of the month, and sadly that means this is the last post for our guest designer this month, Mayline.  We have so enjoyed having her, and I think you can see why!  Here's Mayline with the details on her final project:

Hello crafters! It’s Mayline and I’m back with my last guest post for Neat & Tangled! Today I want to show you a unique Scandinavian art style card using Scandinavian Prints stamp set and Square Thoughts die-cut.



To start off I draw some guidelines along the edges of the card panel using a ruler and pencil. Then I masked off each edge with sticky notes. And I stamped the solid semicircle and circle images from Scandinavian Prints stamp set using soft color pigment inks on the paper. Next I stamped outline image from Scandinavian Prints stamp set using dark gray pigment ink over the stamped paper. Then I remove the sticky notes and erase the pencil lines. Set aside.



Next I die cut black paper in a circle and triangle shape using Square Thoughts die-cut. After that I stamped a sentiment from Scandinavian Prints stamp set with white pigment ink and I cut it in a banner shape. And I adhered everything to card base with tape and foam tape as you can see from the image above.

To finish off, I adhered the panel to A2 sized top folding black card base.



I hope you enjoyed my card. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!

Thanks so much to Mayline for inspiring us this month!!!

5 comments

  1. This is a very 60's looking card. Its bohemian and mod and can you tell what era I like a lot and grew up in? In fact, it reminds me of a curtain we have on the window of the door in our basement and it's from the 60's. Love it and I love that you used my favorite color, yellow, in it.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top