Eat, Drink & Be Merry

I admit, I (and this is Yana, btw) love sentiments. Fun sentiments, unique sentiments, quirky sentiments. I can buy a stamp set just because it has one good sentiment stamp. And a good sentiment can really change the look and a feel of a card. 

As I was planning my next holiday project I wanted to step aside from the traditional Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and use something new. There's nothing wrong with these sentiments, but sometimes I just want to step outside the box and use something completely different. 



Do you ever feel this way? The Eat, Drink & Be Merry sentiment from the Very Merry stamp set was perfect for my today's project. Its large enough to be a focal point of a card and it also combines two different fonts what go well together (and this is always a plus in my book).


I heat embossed the main sentiment in white embossing powder onto black cardstock, added a couple of houses and a tree from the Winter Wishes stamp set (another one with great sentiments by the way) and finally added one more additional message - Hoping your Holidays are filled with Magic (from the new Santa's Rise stamp set).


I added a bit of patterned paper, tied some red and white twine, adhered a red heart and that finished my project. 

Eat, Drink and be Merry, everyone!

7 comments

  1. Well, this is just darn right AWESOME!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what this looks like? It looks like neon, that glass that lights up and they make signs out of it. You see them in bars a lot. That is so cool! I need some white embossing powder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful...I LOVE all of the fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Yana! It really DOES look like a neon sign! I am a sentiment addict, also, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top