Last minute Christmas Tree decorations

Hello everyone, Yana is here and today I have a last minute Christmas Tree decoration idea to share with you. 


I'm a huge fan of the chalkboard trend and I've been trying to incorporate some of it into my holiday decor. I painted a few ornaments using black chalkboard paint and doodled some stuff using white chalk on them but that wasn't quite enough. So I decided to make little paper decorations using stamps.

Here's what I ended up with - a miniature door/gift card holder to hang on a tree:


This is actually a little pocket/envelope with a chipboard door and a Merry & Bright chalkboard wreath. The pocket can be used to hold some flat candy, a gift card or even cash. Or alternatively you can put a little note inside for a loved one or use it for an advent calendar. 

Here's how you can make these: 



Start by creating a wreath - die cut a scalloped circle and heat emboss the sentiment from the Merry & Bright set using white embossing powder. Add some "chalk dust" using white pigment ink. Adhere it to the chipboard door and add a little twine bow. Adhere that to a piece of pattern paper (add a few drops of red spray ink) and finally place on top of a black cardstock envelope/pocket. Finally - enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

3 comments

Back to Top