Close your eyes and stamp...

Hi there!

So you know those times when your mojo doesn't go missing, it tells you it's moving across the globe permanently?! Yep that happened to me recently. My mojo got itself new passport photos and left me behind...

SO. What to do when you have a pile of GAWJUSS new n&t stamps, that you've been waiting for for MONTHS and said mojo is nowhere to be seen?!

You just close your eyes and stamp.

stop thinking, stop planning, stop trying to get your ideas to turn out right coz they won't (ask me how I know!!) and just close your eyes and stamp :)

so that's what I did.

I let the stamps be whatever they wanted to be :)

Here's what I came up with.

 I stamped the gorgeous bird image, coloured him in with Prismacolour pencils, then fussy cut, before adhering him on with dimensional adhesive. It really looks like he's mid-flight in real life. I also added some Stickles to the ends of his wings and belly :) This card is my fave of the three today .

 I 'stamped' 3 distress ink pads onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water, then stamped the large circular bubbles image from Party Dots onto the ink (to put the ink onto the stamp), before stamping onto watercolour paper and repeated this three times.
I then cut a piece of Bazzill cardshoppe cardstock to size, pencil-marked in where I needed to diecut the circles, then ran this through my Big Shot, cutting the circles out. I then stamped the small open 3-dot image from the same set, all over this piece, and clear heat embossed it to give a nice tone on tone look.
I added the sentiment and some gorgeous sequins (thanks Danielle!!) and I adhered this panel onto the watercolour paper panel, using dimensional adhesive squares. This gives a nice shadow effect you can see here.
 I also smeared some diamond stickles onto the stamped circles (the large ones) for some added sparkle. I think they look like big bubbles and the colours you see when the light refracts through a bubble :)

For this one I just had some fun. I used a few different inks (too many to remember which!) that were on my craft mat, spritzed with water, and stamped using both the open and full dots images from Party Dots. I love how this kind of turned out like confetti :) The ribbons are from the wonderful Mossy Made !

Basically, I just let go and have some fun. I'm pretty happy with the results!

Hope this helps those of you who's mojo has decided it needs some space :)


PS Thanks to Danielle for telling me to just close my eyes and stamp :) it worked xx

*crafty hugs*
Linda x



11 comments

  1. wow awesome cards... loving all those fun designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your cards and it doesn't look like your mojo left, right here on these cards! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job stamping with your eyes closed! lol I think that mojo has been found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your cards but the bubble one fascinated me! Great techniques with beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new approach!! All 3 cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you were so spontaneous with these stamps! They're all so unique and fun...love the bird in mid flight...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems your mojo returned when your eyes were closed, because these are fabulous cards! Fun designs and colors.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your mojo is still around. You just need to pick up a stamp
    or some ink and it said I am here lets go. Great job and love all three projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply elegant bird card, Linda. Fun colors and fun ribbons on the other two cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, Linda!! I love the "just do it" idea... I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea Linda! Sometimes perfetionism does not le us move a finger literally, and real art is not perfect and it must be spontaneous, great cards( even when the mojo is traveling ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top