Sorry (but not)

I mentioned last week that I would continue to post during the holiday, and clearly I did not.  Please forgive me.

You see, I had a very difficult week.  I wish it was my usual difficult, like I didn't get to nap or spilled my coffee on the couch.  But my experience over the past few days has truly been a challenge, and has changed me as a person. Not necessarily for better or worse, but a little piece of me has been altered. I pretty much became a hermit and was about as anti-social as possible without being totally rude. I'm just so thankful I have a husband and family that is so understanding and comforting.

I hate it when people are so vague, but I'm going to be one of those people.  While part of me wants to share my story, I just don't think it's the right time. So, I appreciate your understanding.

I didn't want to think I abandoned you! I'm still crafting, and have a few cards to share. I even made 2 scrapbook pages. Unfortunately they were Christmas gifts, and I didn't finish them until 1am Christmas morning, so no pictures.

To catch you up otherwise:
We had a lovely Christmas despite little G's busted bleeding nose and bitten tongue (and my mommy anxiety attack as a result of those injuries).  It was so nice to spend time with family. My grandmom flew up from Florida, and I hadn't seen her in years. I was so happy she got to meet Grayson, he took to her right away.  Our New Years Eve was spent on the couch watching a movie with my mom.  It was a nice quiet way to ring in the new year.

I don't do the whole resolutions thing, although sometimes it sparks me to reevaluate my current goals and adjust accordingly. The major changes I am making (in no particular order):

1. Complete Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, even if it means I can barely lift things or walk down steps. I do reserve the right to complain though. (I'm on day 2)
 
2. Craft and computer stuff only when G is sleeping.  I just want to enjoy every moment with him. (Now when he is old enough and can craft with me this will change)

3. Spend more time with friends and family.

4. Institute a regular date night for me and the hubs.

5. Figure out how to save more $$...like do we really need tv?  I feel like I could watch all my shows online or Netflix.  Hubs is having a hard time with this idea because it would put the kibosh on all his sports channels.

6. Start a gratitude journal.

Well, that's about it for now.  I'm hoping to get some pictures this afternoon to share!

4 comments

  1. Hope everything is improving - I understand the desire to be anti-social when life throws you a curve ball. HUGS to you - looking forward to seeing your creations when you're ready to return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your New Years was the same as mine - pizza and a movie at home with hubs :)

    Looking forward to seeing your crafty goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending a hug and wishes for a calm and peaceful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things happen. Life is sometimes not a bed of roses. I'm so sorry for whatever has come your way. Please know that we each have walked a path before you and there is someone walking that path behind you. It does get better. And yes, please be so thankful for caring, supportive, and loving friends and family. They truly turn everything around when you think it is impossible! Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top